My bands first original, Give us some feedback!

Write poems? Songs? Draw? Share your creative visions here.
Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My bands first original, Give us some feedback!

Unread postby Anthony » 14 Jul 2009 13:30

We have been playing together about once a month for the last year, and finally found a bass player 2 months ago. Our singer wrote this song a few months ago. we probably only put 4 accumulative hours into it, so we are pretty happy with the result. Our bass player only rehearsed it with us once, and she actually read the chord progressions off a piece of paper when we played it for the first time for an audience.

This gig was a graduation party and the audience was kinda dead... But We decided to make a name for ourselves like 2 hours before going on. It ended up being "Riptide"! :tongue:

The songs called "Run Away" , Let Us know what you think!

I like where I'm at on my back floating down in my own riptide...the water is fine :P

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: My bands first original, Give us some feedback!

Unread postby siberianknight » 30 Jul 2009 14:12

Whoa. Meant to comment on this awhile ago. Would Love to hear a higher quality version of it. It sounds pretty solid. The opening reminds me of a song, but it escapes me what song I'm thinking of.

Singer sounds a little mumbly, but it could also be the camera. That'd be the only negative feedback I'd have to offer.

"You're not a judge
But if you're gonna judge me
Well, sentence me
To another life."

Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Anthony » 30 Jul 2009 16:10

The speakers used to amplify the vocals where kinda crappy.. And it wsnt the best video camera either, so thats probably why. Thanks for the feedback man, I'm Glad you couldn't find anything else to pick at though lol.

I like where I'm at on my back floating down in my own riptide...the water is fine :P

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby siberianknight » 31 Jul 2009 11:59

Haha, you guys are good. I'm being honest. It'd be awesome to hear higher quality stuff. I'd have more to pick at then, but it'd only be min the hope you take it as friendly critique and use it to improve your own band. I certainly never mean any critique I give as harsh, just to hope that the person can improve themselves through it.

I got no room to talk anyways, I can hardly play.

"You're not a judge
Well, sentence me
To another life."

Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Anthony » 31 Jul 2009 12:41

I really wish I had a better recording to give you, unfortunately we only have these crappy digital cameras to go off of... I recently bought a small digital audio interface for my laptop. I'm still in the process of figuring out how to get it to record audio but once I do I hope to start recording guitar riffs and making demos. I dont have any drum mics... So I'll have to use my electronic kit for that... Hopefully I'll figure out how to get the recording interface to work, and we'll get together again soon so I can make a demo!

siberianknight
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby siberianknight » 31 Jul 2009 14:44

"You're not a judge
Well, sentence me
To another life."

Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Anthony » 31 Jul 2009 17:19

Feel free to hit me up on aim or facebook chat, I have it on my phone wherever I go :-)

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 07 Aug 2009 19:38

Hey Anthony ! I think you guys are really pretty good - nice drumming for sure :cool: The only negative thing I would say is the same as SiberianKnight - the vocals are a little hard to understand . I would love to hear a better quality video as well so I think you guys should play it and record it again :biggrin:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 07 Aug 2009 19:50

TJ, I have house guests tonight so I can't listen to it because of where my computer is set up and where people are sleeping, but I will be listening to it and I cannot wait to hear. :cool:

EDIT: Now that I finally listened to it. I love the music for the song- the vocals are mumbly and I can't understand them. Other than that I like it.
Last edited by angelbear425 on 13 Aug 2009 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 08 Aug 2009 14:50

Anthony.... I'm going to say something I don't say a lot: I really, REALLY like the video, you guys have so much talent crammed in that band that its unbelievable. I too wish the sound quality was better but theres not much you can do about it. I look forward to hearing some more originals! :biggrin:

Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Anthony » 08 Aug 2009 16:41

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I really wasn't expecting it, I guess I'm just to critical about how we are. I'd love to get a better recording of it for you guys to see but I have no idea when the next time we will be getting together is. Greg, the singer, just got a full time job and i have a feeling were only going to be getting together like once every 2 months anymore.. its the most frustrating thing for me right now..

Thanks again for all the positive words!

Lyzz
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lyzz » 13 Aug 2009 09:32

Think you could post the lyrics?

N.E.G
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby N.E.G » 13 Aug 2009 19:51

Music sounded pretty decent. I realize it's not the best recording possible but I couldn't understand you lead singer at all. Lyrics would be appreciated, it might help me understand the words. Keep on rocking.

Lata

Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Anthony » 13 Aug 2009 20:12

And when everyone is against you
With no hope of being excepted
You look to the horizon
Where you can be free
From Insanity
Away from the dark angel
Who clouds your judgment
With resentment
And now you’re on you Way
Away from here, Away from here

Run Away from the fear that kept you silenced
Run Away from the pain that broke your spirit
In these days of ignorance and violence
Will you find your way back home

It seems we could have made it
But I understand
The problems you had
Now I just want you to know
I won’t forget you
From when I met you
Hopeless creeps inside
We’re out of time
To win this fight
But now you’re on your way
Away from here, Away from here

Run Away from the fear that kept you silenced
Run Away from the pain that broke your spirit
In these days of ignorance and violence
Will you find your way back home

Lyzz
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lyzz » 17 Aug 2009 08:38

I definitely like it. :thumbsup:

rockedbritt
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rockedbritt » 18 Aug 2009 19:22

i love it

you guys are really good, maybe u should give this a try...just a thought

Hi, I'm Brittany and I'm in love with Sick Puppies.

Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Anthony » 18 Aug 2009 19:48

Hey Britt guess what?! WERE IN!

Everyone head on over there and VOTE FOR US!!!

http://www.slurpee.com/Promotions/BotB/Contest.aspx

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 21 Sep 2009 16:45

I liked it. Seems like a song people could get a good jump going if you had the right crowd. Good luck with the band.

I DO!!!!

Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Anthony » 08 Nov 2009 17:10

I think its cool that this song got me a $500 gift card from 711 for getting selected for that battle of the bands contest! Our bands first song and were already seeing the $$ from it! = P (Once again, thanks Brittany for referring us to that contest!)

Just a random update.. But we are almost done with our second song now, I bet by the end of the month we'll have it finished. Its real loud and fast so i'm real excited about it!

We only get together once a month so things are moving sloooooow.... But we are constantly coming up with new creative ideas in the short amount of time we are together. I just got a job so if everything lines up I'm planning on moving in with our lead singer/guitar player so we can write music together ALL the time!

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 08 Nov 2009 22:25

I just gave this a re-listen while reading along with the lyrics (cuz they are hard to make out on the audio, but thats fine)

Holy Crap!!! I love it. you all need to get a studio recording done. Maybe not an actual studio, but my old band used to hook our PA up to a laptop, and got pretty damn good recordings.

I DO!!!!

Return to “Inspired”